Particles are commonly measured in microns, a metric unit of measure.
There are 25,400 microns in one inch.
This dot (.) is approximately 1/64 of an inch wide and equals 615 microns.
Common Items and their respective particle sizes:
Postage Stamp, 1 inch high 25,400 microns Eye of a Needle 1,230 microns Human Hair 40 to 300 microns Oil Smoke 0.03 to 1 micron Fertilizer 10 to 1000 microns Tobacco Smoke 0.01 to 1 microns Coal Dust 1 to 100 microns Beach Sand 100 to 2000 microns Mold Spores 10 to 30 microns Pollens 10 to 1000 microns Typical Atmospheric Dust 0.001 to 30 microns
Particles 101: Did You Know?...
- Visible particles constitute only about 10% of indoor air!
- Particle visibility depends on the eye itself. In other words, light intensity and quality, background and particle type.
- Particles on furniture and those in a shaft of light are approximately 50 microns or larger.
- It may be possible to see particles as small as 10 microns under favorable conditions.
- The majority of harmful particles are 3 microns or less in size.
- Particles of 1 micron or less adhere to surfaces by molecular adhesion. Scrubbing is generally the only way to remove them.
- Larger particles tend to settle out of the atmosphere due to weight.
- Smaller, "respirable" particles remain virtually suspended in the air until breathed in.
- Approximately 98-99% of all particles by count are in the size range of 5 microns or less. These particles tend to remain in suspension or settle out so slowly that only quality electronic air cleaners and HEPA air cleaners are effective in removing these particles.
- The average person breathes in about 16,000 quarts of air per day. Each quart contains some 70,000 visible and invisible particles. That's over a billion particles per day that our lungs have to filter out!
- The average home collects about 2 pounds of dust per week!
- A 9' x 12' carpet or rug will collect an average of about 10 pounds of dust per year!
You Owe It To Yourself To Breathe Clean Healthy Purified Air
Improve Your Health and Indoor Air Quality!
Why Chlorine Bleach is Not Effective in Killing Mold Indoor Air Quality- What You Should Know
Effects of Negative Ions About Mold / Mold Facts Air Oasis FAQ
Replacement Ozone Filter Plates Air Oasis UV PCO Bi-Polar Sanitizers Bio-Fighter Replacement UV Lamps
Air Oasis Advanced Hydrated Photocatalytic PCO Technology
How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works How the Air Oasis Air Purifier Air Cleaner Works
Air Oasis Customer Reviews Air Oasis Effectiveness in Kennels Eliminating Cigarette Smoke
Are PCO Air Purifiers Better Than HEPA Filters? 7 Most Advanced Benefits in Air Oasis Air Purifier
Air Oasis Sanitizer Testing Air Oasis Lab Testing Bacteria, Mold Yeast, plus Low Ozone Levels
UV-Air-Purifiers.info and Air-Oasis-UV-PCO-Sanitizers.com offers secure online ordering and Free Shipping.